Mamas, call in Dr. McSteamy. I am couch bound with a pot of ginger tea, a heating pad and a 90 pound labrador smothering me. I have been suffering this week with a cold that is clinging to me like a toddler on a Friday night, and all weekend activities have been called off. Bleh. In the meantime it's TV and wi-fi, and fortunately for me, there's plenty to stave off misery.
~The mamas had the lovely fortune of "meeting" this soon to be mama during the Top Mommy Blog Awards on the Bump.com. Teal is currently awaiting the birth of her first child and doing so in style. For those of you who spent your 9 months in yoga pants (not I..ahem..ok, maybe..), you will be floored at her maternity magic in the closet. I can't wait to see what she brings post partum, and even better-baby style! Good luck Expecting Chic!
~Here she comes....
I threw a pageant party a few years ago for the gals. Voter ballots, all kinds of foods that girls in pageants don't eat (dips, chips and cake balls), and of course cocktails. We laughed and laughed and laughed and had the best time. Sorry ladies I can't represent this year due to illness, but get your judging skills lined up for next year. In the meantime if you're up for pulling together your own last minute Pageant Party some must haves:
1. Contest list/bios: Trust me, this is key info when choosing your top ten. "Muffy from Nevada has been a member of Mensa since she was six?! Top five!".
2. Tiaras. You're all winners tonight.
3. Noshy food that breaks all diet rules. Followed by cake balls. Because no one will eat a whole cake, but everyone will eat a million cake balls. Red velvet with cream cheese frosting? I'll have fourteen!
4. One really bad bouquet of red roses for the winner. That is the mama who chose, or came closest to choosing the new Miss America 2011!
4. And to toast the winner with, meaning the winner of your contest something sparkly, Champagne, Prosecco, or sparkling cider. Cheers!
~Finally, speaking of winners, I'll be watching some football tomorrow and may the best team win. As long as that team rhymes with Matriots. I love the Red Carpet, but if only there were a way to combine the two???
Have a haute weekend mamas,
Kate, Kimberly and Christina